Security audits are part of the risk assessment process, in which a series of pre-defined security checks are performed on the organizational information systems and security controls to ensure that they exist and are well-configured to face cyber-attacks.
Discovering security gaps with the audit process will allow organizations to calculate the risk level according to the likelihood of exploiting the security gap multiplied by the impact that the exploitation of the gap can cause to the organization (Likelihood * Probability = Risk).
Performing periodic security audits will allow the organization to effectively enhance the security level and comply with various regulations:
- Increase the level of confidence to secure digital data.
- Comply with laws, regulations, and rules.
- Encourage higher management to increase cyber-security in their organization.
- Decrease the chances for reputational and financial losses due to cyber-attacks.
Security audits are supplemental to penetration tests (and vice versa) since they add a solid layer of assessment via an in-depth technical analysis of the configurations on IT infrastructure, source code, and cyber-security controls that attackers cannot access.
The security audits process makes it possible for discovering security loopholes that have strong and lasting impacts but are challenging to identify by penetration tests.
Our security audits methodology is a combination of internally developed checks and commonly known methodologies:
- Determination of valuable assets and evaluation of the scope.
- Threat mapping according to the relevant threats of the assessed organization.
- We are performing gaps analysis between the current and the desired state of the technological and procedural readiness for handling cyber-attacks.
- An in-depth review of configurations and policies within cyber-security controls.
- Calculation of risks according to the likelihood of exploitation and business impact once the gap will be misused.
- Establishing a remediation plan according to cost and efficiency.
For each phase of the Cyber-Kill Chain, Clear Gate analyzes the security controls that are designated to mitigate adversaries’ chances to succeed. Following the gap analysis, we provide a work plan, which once correctly implemented and maintained, the chances to perform Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) inside the organization will be relatively low.
Clear Gate deeply dives into policies and configuration of various technological cyber-security controls (e.g., firewalls, email gateways, EPP/EDR solutions, etc.). In this review, “out-of-the-box” policies and common misconfigurations can be determined and fixed. This process will maximize the efficiency of the controls to handle even the most sophisticated cyber-attacks.
Clear Gate consults how to correctly implement infrastructures and applications at the beginning of the project by covering aspects, such as network segregation, user privileges, encryption, authentication, and more. Deploying a highly secure infrastructure will prevent costly changes in the future and provide the ability to handle cyber-attacks.
Fill in your details and we will be in touch.